We're currently seeking talented full-time PHP Software Engineers for our AppMall development team.
Reports to: VP Engineering or Team Lead
OpenMobile World Wide, on a mission to enable monetization of the Android app ecosystem on alternative platforms never before possible, is seeking talented full-time, PHP Software Engineers for our AppMall development team! AppMall provides App developers, publishers, and distributors a development portal for submitting Apps into our App store which is then used by customers and partners for worldwide multi-platform distribution. The engineers will be crucial to distributing and deploying our core product, called Application Compatibility Layer (ACL™) for new devices and operating systems. This is an exciting opportunity to solve challenging problems and have immediate impact on the company’s success.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design and develop new AppMall features which may include supporting new payment providers, user interfaces, reports, APIs, etc.
- Troubleshoot, customize, modify, optimize, refactor, and test existing LAMP application running on Amazon AWS EC2 and RDS.
- Write clean, well designed code using industry best practices
- Proven software development experience in PHP
- Good knowledge of relational databases such as MySQL
- Familiarity with Linux and web server technology
- Strong web coding, debugging, and testing skills.
- Passion for best design and coding practices
Experience with any of the following is a plus:
- Bash shell scripting, system configuration, Devops, and linux deployment tools
- Knowledge of common PHP and web server exploits and their solutions
- Knowledge of object oriented PHP development
- Understanding of MVC design patterns and experience with various PHP frameworks
- Python development experience
- Experience with version control systems including Git.
- Using Issue Trackers including Jira
- Experience in common third-party APIs (Google, Facebook, PayPal, etc)
- Android development experience
Personal & Intangibles
- Positive attitude and passion for innovation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Should be able to thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
OpenMobile offers generous benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, short & long term disability) – competitive salary, stock option plan, 401(k) matching, and a fast-paced & fun working environment. We are headquartered in Framingham, MA.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org