We're currently seeking talented full-time Software Engineers for our core development teams!
Reports to: VP Engineering or Team Lead
OpenMobile World Wide, on a mission to enable the Android app ecosystem to mobile platforms never before possible, is seeking talented full-time, Software Engineers for our core development teams! The engineers will be crucial to developing our core product, called Application Compatibility Layer (ACLTM) for new devices and operating systems. This is an exciting opportunity to solve challenging problems and have immediate impact on the company’s success.
Primary responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop new ACL features and evolve ACL to support new versions of Android.
- Port ACL to different target environments, including writing or porting new support libraries where required.
- Debugging ACL issues on target devices (smartphones, tablets, laptops, vehicle head-units, and much more).
- Contribute to core projects, new lines of business, and new products, as needed.
- BS or MS degree in EE/CS/CE or related degree.
- Knowledge of C/C++, Java.
- Excellent debugging skills at both the application and operating system level.
Experience with any of the following a plus:
- Android development experience and knowledge of Android stack, Linux host and target development:multi-threaded / multi-process application programming, make based build environments.
- Mobile platforms (Firefox OS, Tizen OS, etc.) embedded development.
- Device drivers, graphics drivers and framework, low level drivers and libraries, OpenGL, Bourne shell scripting, ELF, and system configuration.
- Open Source environments.
- Implementation and integration of HAL.
- Experience with Git.
Personal & Intangibles
- Positive attitude and passion for innovation.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve.
- Must be a motivated self-starter.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Should be able to thrive in a fast-paced, startup-like environment.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
OpenMobile offers generous benefits (medical, dental, vision, life, short & long term disability) – competitive salary, stock option plan, 401(k) matching, and a fast-paced & fun working environment. We are headquartered in Framingham, MA.
Apply Today! Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.